Monday, November 20, 2006

Hi - I'm Deb & I'm a Craftaholic!!

You've met Deb - the cross stitcher; Deb - the knitter/crocheter; now meet Deb - the painter. A few years ago I discovered that the Pottery Factory in Williamsburg, VA offered tons & tons of unpainted figurines. There are santas for every month of the year, and angels, and Buffalo Soldiers & Tuskegee Airmen, and lots of children. All of them just begging to be brought to life with an imaginative mind and a bit of acrylic paint. I travel back to Williamsburg often to restock my stash but I thought I'd share some of my holiday works. Yet another craft jockeying for attention, but true to the crafter's creed - I can do it all........

BTW, finished 'Skip Rope' and crocheted 1/2 dozen more caps but that's well short of the 30 I planned to finish by the end of November. Oh well, deadlines were meant to be broken. I'll have pics tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

::sigh:; I wish I could paint. I have no sense of "correct" coloring. Your ceramics are pretty.

But yes, Caps for the Capitol. I got the idea from you actually. I pick a different charity every year so this one seemed to be it this time.

Happy Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful! My favorite is the sleeping angel - she looks so peaceful. Hope you're having a lovely Thanksgiving!

Sharon said...

Hi Deb, nothing wrong with being a craftaholic-it could be worse. Love the ceramics-very nice. I wish I had more time. Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one.

Anonymous said...

Deb...are you familiar with this?
http://www.quiltsofgeesbend.com/
These are quite a fascinating group of women and my sister has a "coffee table" book of all of thier quilts and their history.

Deborah said...

love those angels, I'll have to post some of mine that I bought 10 years ago. Yup, had to buy mine, can't paint, can't sew...