Wednesday, November 08, 2006

My Soul Is Fed By Needle & Thread

Doesn't that title just sum it all up? I saw it while blog hopping & quickly jotted it down (Would love to have it as a bumper sticker!). Can't believe a week has gone by since I last blogged. Trying fiercely to put a dent in my holiday stitching "to do" list. This Twisted Threads design has always been one of my favorites so I completed another one on a pillow cover. Left off the words and used a metallic gold for her earrings instead of the yellow-fill of the original. Amazing what a few changes will do. I like them both but the mocha sistah seems to have more attitude...... I'm sure it's just my imagination. I have the next four days off from work and I'm looking forward to finishing both "Skip Rope" and "Spiritual". I started Spiritual at the beginning of the year as a gift for my friend's mother. Unfortunately, she passed before I could finish it so I sadly put it aside. But she deserves to be finished and plans are now to give it to my friend as a Christmas present that will always honor his mother.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

"My Soul Is Fed By Needle & Thread" sounds good... for me the twist would be My Soul is Fed by Yarn & Hook...lol... the Twisted Thread design is looking good.. and its not your imagination the Mocha sistah looks like she has more attitutde... I will stay tuned for the finished piece.

del said...

How nice of you! I'm sure that gift will be appreciated SO much.

Kimberly said...

Both projects look great.

I'm sure you're friend will appreciate "Spiritual." It's a wonderful gesture!