Monday, October 08, 2007

Family of Stitches

My Aunt Winnie is an extremely talented quilter. For years I have admired her vision and skill in designing quilts and wall hangings. This past weekend she visited me with a few of her quilted wallhangings. Although she does not normally sell her creations, she provided these one-of-a-kind wallhangings for sale in the shop.


I remain in awe of her talent and grateful for the family that I was born into that is so loving, sharing, and thoughtful. Although I'm still years away from retirement and my dream of a shop of my own, my current opportunities in the giftshop are teaching me things that ensure my own success in the future.

5 comments:

LivnLaf said...

Deb...those wall hangings are gorgeous!!!!

Sharon said...

The wallhangings are stunning!

Crystal said...

Deb, these are gorgeous!!! I'll post a pic of my baby blanket soon!

Deborah said...

beautiful work from your aunt. I too would love to own a gift shop but right now, owning my own craft room is all I can hope for!

Michelle said...

Wow! They are gorgeous!