Monday, January 08, 2007

Pampering Knits

I love all my mom's sisters (she has 9 & 1 brother) but I have a special bond with my Aunt E. Not only do we share a middle name, but since my mom has no skill with needlework, I like to think my skills were somehow inherited from my aunt. She is a master knitter, quilter, and crocheter who's creations I have admired since I was a little girl. We can be found in a corner at family gatherings talking about our latest projects or sighing over patterns in a craft magazine. Today I received this special package from her. It is a gorgeous cotton chenille washcloth that she made from a Crystal Palace Yarn pattern. And because she knows me so well she included the pattern & a skein of Crystal Palace's Cotton Chenille in "Spring Picnic". I cannot tell you how soft this washcloth is. Aunt E says the more you use it, the softer it gets. Can't wait to pamper myself and spread the joy by making a few of these as gifts for friends & family.

I got a little stitching done on "Baptism" over the weekend. Just as I guessed, there are lots of "confetti" stitches, so it'll probably be a while until I have a decent progress pic. Still believe it'll be on of my better projects cause it appears to be so detailed. Just hope my crafting ADD doesn't take over & I can stick with it. Definitely don't need another UFO.

No comments: