Sunday, October 29, 2006

So Cute


Here's my progress on "Skip Rope". She's gonna be a cutie. Trying her out on a towel but I'll definitely do another - probably on a small pillow. Also started on my personal goal of 30 crocheted caps for Save the Children's "Caps to the Capital" project. I read on one of the Yahoo boards that the latest count is 7,403 caps from 820 participants. The program only runs until January 2 and this count falls well short of their target goal of 250,000 caps. Hopefully, there are lots of folks like me who are working to get their caps together. Here's what I managed to crochet this weekend in between cross stitching. As you can see, quite a difference in size depending on the yarn type. The pattern calls for a 10 inch cap (since most of the newborns are undersized). Boy oh boy are they tiny!!! Guess I'll become a public stitcher & work them on my daily metro ride & lunch hour. I hope to exceed my goal & mail the contribution by the end of November.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

that little girls is precious! There was a Brooklyn artist named George Wilson who painted children. She reminds me of his work!

Carol said...

How cute is Skip Rope??!! Unbelievable :-)

Anonymous said...

So cute! I've got to get back on my baby hat knitting/crocheting detail! Lovely work. :-D