Sunday, October 15, 2006

Heavenly Comments


I have been truly humbled by the comments I've received here. I love all my stitching & it brings me joy to know that others admire or appreciate the final pieces. Thanks to all who have reached out to send those heavenly comments my way. Last week Michael's had another of their 50% off coupons. I love these bargains cause it gives me a chance to buy a kit that I usually bypass & this time I lucked up on this beauty. It is "Three Yoruban Women" by Dimensions. Aren't the colors gorgeous?? Not sure I'll use the black Aida that's provided - it screams to be done on linen (you taught me well Sharon!). With so many holiday gift projects vying for my time, I'm setting this aside to be my first project of the New Year. In the meantime, I started this small project on a Charles Craft Showcase Huck Towel. Found the chart on eBay in a booklet from Cross My Heart called "Shoo Fly Pie". This adorable little girl looks like she could skip rope right outta the picture. I've broken Stitcher's Rule #1 by starting at the bottom instead of the middle. The stitching area is gonna be tight & I figure it's better to have the top of the jump rope outside of the area instead of her feet. Haven't gotten too far along this weekend but she should go quickly. Maybe I can finish her before I leave at the end of the week for the Breast Cancer Walkathon.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Deb that was a very good deal-I can't wait to see what that one will look like. The little girl is adorable-that will be cute.

Anonymous said...

I cross stitiched this little girl on 14 count-lovely! I have alot of black heritage cross stitch charts, but I am looking for the one in which an old man is playing a fiddle and two children are dancing. I have even called the designer but was told she had passed. Any body with black heritage cross stitch pattern charts?