Monday, October 09, 2006

For My Lil Spiderman

Here's my oldest grandson last Halloween. He's 6 (and a half - he'll tell you). He's probably the biggest Spiderman fan in the world. He loves to jump from tall buildings (o.k. the swing set) in a single bound. We have to constantly remind him that even Spiderman has a web to hang on to. Anyway, when he started first grade in September I promised to make him a Spiderman mini-blanket for his cot at after-school care. Believe me not a day went by that he didn't ask how much longer until I finished his blanket. Today he's all smiles cause it's finished. I found the Spiderman duplicate stitch chart online and used a navy blue acrylic (I know - but he's a kid) yarn from my yarn-fairy stash. I was so worried that he wouldn't recognize the character in stitches so the sound of "Memaw, that looks great" made me jump for joy. This is one of those Ah-Ha moments that reminds me why I love to stitch. Of course now the 4-year old wants to know can he get Elmo on a hat. Off to find another chart.....

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow Deb, I think it looks great! I know that made your day.

Nik said...

Someone sent me an e-mail with a link to your site. I must say that I'm glad they did;)

I love your work.

Annette John-Hall said...

Deb, I can only hope to be half the creative grandma you are.

Beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Thank God for a memaw like you!! Becuase he knows I just don't have the patience!! Hopefully you learned to keep the next one a surprise!! "Memaw can I see my blanket", "Memaw are you done with my blanket?", "Memaw are you still working on my blanket?" LOL!! Drove me CRAZY!! Get to work on Elmo!! LOL!!

No seriously, as much as I tease, I admire your patience and talent!! We love you!!

So can I get LL Cool J on my blanket?? LOL!!

~*J*~

Sheila said...

Ohh so adorable... I must say it again and again.. your work is phenomenal... also I must say I never gave cross stitching a second thought, often seeing the kits in the store with uninteresting pics, oh but seeing your work has definitely piqued my interest.