Saturday, August 19, 2006

Back In Stride Again



It took an evening of going thru my stash to get me motivated again. So I'm cross stitching after work, knitting at bedtime, and painting figurines on the weekend. My goal is to have at least one hand-crafted item for everyone on my Christmas gift list as well as putting together a decent inventory for this season's holiday craft shows (that's why I had to get past my "bored" phase). Just love doing local craft festivals. The spring & summer festivals have passed me by this year (too much going on) but plan to make as many of the holiday craft shows as I can. My showcase website is Stitches of Heritage. Not doing any internet sales; just documenting merchandise, what I've done, where I've been, etc. Lots of stuff is one-of-a-kind so that sight gives me a chance to keep pics of stuff that has sold & stay in contact with the folks I meet at the festivals. Maybe once I retire, I can open my dream arts & crafts shop...... In the meantime, I worked on "Blessings" - from Forever in My Heart Designs. The pic doesn't really highlight that it's on white-birch aida using Silk "N Colors thread. Lovin' it - my first time using hand dyed silk thread & it's wonderful. Planning a trip back to LNS to pick out silk thread for the BHG Alphabet Heart freebie. Of course that's afer I finish the bottom row of leaves on this one. Here's another reason I should visit my stash more often: I discovered this WIP that I forgot about - it's "Going to Market" from Dimensions. Not only did all the colors catch me eye, but the background leaf pattern should be fun to do. So you see I've gone from bored to craft-crazy. If only I could play hooky from the bill-paying job for a while -

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I love the blessings piece-very nice! I like the colors in it. I have eyed going to market for quite some time-but lately I seem focused on wacky whimsical designs!

How is the heart going?